Praying for a little girl I've never met...


Layla Grace.

I found out about this little girl last night through a random connection on twitter.

I've been thinking about her and her family ever since. And every time I think about this sweet little girl, my tears come freely.

I'm trying to find the right words to share with you, but I'm overwhelmed with emotion... and HOPE.

I'm praying for a miracle for this little girl who share my daughter's name. Layla. Sweet Layla.

And I'm thinking about my husband's parents. They know what it's like to have a child with cancer... because Brandon was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 3 years old.

Brandon's family was blessed with a miracle. He survived... and more than that, he has gone on to live his life with almost no side-effects from the cancer, from the treatments. Sometimes I find myself tracing the scar on his chest from where the infusiport was placed and I think about how lucky I am to have him...

I'm thinking about my own daughters. And I'm realizing how much I take for granted. And how much I have to be so very thankful for.

I'm thinking about life - and how fragile it is. How everything can seem perfect one day... and how everything can be turned upside down the next...

And I'm thinking that I need to start living life one moment, one hour, one day at a time... absorbing, appreciating, treasuring... taking it all in - and thanking God for it all.

--------------------------

You can follow Layla Grace's progress at http://www.laylagrace.org/ or on facebook. I encourage you to pray for her and her family...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails