Dear Brandon...

I've written two "dear Layla" posts and 2 "dear Meaghan" posts... it only seems fitting that I finally take the time to sit down and write a "dear Brandon" post.

To my favorite person in the world...


12 years ago we started to crush,  6 years ago we said "I do", 3 years ago we became parents... and here we are today... home-owners, parents, a teacher and a communications professional, best friends, lovers... and still individuals with our own passions and dreams, ideas and opinions about where we are now and where we're going next...


Though we have our moments and our weaknesses like anyone else, our relationship is strong, built on solid foundations and I can honestly say that I cannot imagine my life without you in it... that I don't want to imagine my life without you in it.

You are my high school sweetheart and the love of my life. My animal-loving, snake-breeding, D&D playing... yet "cool", super-fit, athletic and sexy husband. I still don't understand the range of interests you have... but somehow they all work together to make you the unique and special man that you are. There are so many things that I love about you. Some have been there since the beginning (like your sparkling eyes) and others have developed over time (like your passion for teaching and your desire to have an impact on your students).


You're the sounding board for all of my crazy ideas (and complaints). You're my soft place to fall when life just isn't making sense. You're supportive of my goals and ambitions (I can't believe how much you've jumped on board for my "summit for wishes" project) and I know it's because you want me to be happy. You're also the one who will ask me the hard questions and aren't afraid to "tell me how it is" when I get carried away... (me? carried away? never...)

You are an incredible father "dadda" to our girls. I see it in their eyes when they look at you... when they reach their hands towards you... and when they giggle with glee at the games you play. Tiger cave and the boat game have quickly become some of Layla's favourites. I'm often still amazed at how creative you are - you have a special gift for making up stories and games that delight our little ones. And it is obvious that you enjoy doing it. But more than fun and games... it is always clear that your  daughters are important to you. That day after day, you desire to make them... to make us your priority. That is priceless. 


You approach your life with an incredible attitude - you truly accept and embrace who you are, where you are... loving  your family, your job, your hobbies and interests. Not needing to fit into some mold; and never wishing for "more". It's not that you're settling... it's that you're genuinely happy with where life has brought you. I don't think there are very many people like you.  

It isn't just the two of us anymore (and I have a feeling it never really will be again) and we don't have as much time for our couple as we used to. But as date nights are fewer and farther in between and as we struggle to find more time in our days, my hope and prayer is that we will always make time for us. That we will find new ways of expressing our love, that we will grow closer and stronger in the weeks and months and years that lay ahead of us... and that we will never sit and wonder how we ended up with each other in the first place...


You really are my favourite person in the world. I don't just say it to be nice or because it's written in your wedding band. There's no one I'd rather spend time with, there's no one I'd rather talk to, there's definitely no one I'd rather sleep next to... and there's no one I'd rather make and share my memories with.

Happy anniversary my dear. I love you very much.

A.xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one lucky chick! Embrace it every moment of the day. I don't think it could be said any sweeter. Straight from the heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaiah Lyster said...

Zach and I are in one of those pictures! i don't really remember it.. But i would have been what? 7? 8?

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails