Resolving Resolutions


It’s January 2nd
and even though I knew the holidays would go by in a flash – I’m still surprised to find myself sitting here on the second day of the new year, reflecting on 2009 (and more specifically the last 2 weeks) and a little unsure how I let so much time go by before writing a new post for A.O.K. (so much for my 2-a-week commitment – sigh)... I do have a few in the works though...

I really can’t complain that I haven’t had the chance to get online much recently. It’s because of all the extra opportunities that we’ve had to spend time with family and friends in the last few weeks. Like many of you, we had a busy but fun holiday season which is only now slowing down. We’re actually hosting one last casual dinner party tomorrow night (after which I’m done entertaining for a little while... at least a week...). I’m still not sure what I’m making, but whatever it is – it will be SIMPLE and QUICK.

So it’s 2010...

Happy New Year!

“2010” has a nice ring to it don’t you think? I’m not sure why but it seems like a nice round number, full of promise and possibilities. What does that mean? I don’t know, but I just bet it’s going to be a good year!!

It started with fireworks... that’s gotta be a good thing!

Here I am trying to get one of these fireworks ready... so concentrated...



Although in the past I’ve never been big on making New Year’s resolutions, I have a few changes and/or improvements that I’d like to make for 2010.

For starters, I am committed to continuting and improving this blog – A.O.K Okay with Andrea – in 2010. Since I started writing in July, I’ve learned some things about myself. 1) I really enjoy writing 2) I have the desire/need to have a “voice” 3) I’m liking having an outlet to share with others and 4) Writing about my life and experiences gives me a unique perspective on both – and a more positive one (go figure!).

So what can you expect for 2010?

A new design. I’m hoping to go from the generic template to something a little more original and personalized. I don’t know how quickly I’ll be able to get my cards in order, but my goal is Spring 2010.

More food. More stories about my inability to follow instructions. Although I’ve let the ball drop a little in the last few weeks, I’ve been cooking up a storm and my A.O.K “trial” Gourmet series will be back on track very soon (expect to read about “my not-so-traditional Christmas dinner” and “eggs-3-ways” in the next week or so). I’ll continue to post one new recipe a week until next Thanksgiving. Maybe even after that...

10 in 10. I signed up for the “Ten in ‘10 Healthy Challenge” – a ten week commitment to making a healthy change in my life. Participants are challenging themselves to everything from eating healthier to gaining weight (...don’t laugh – for some that IS a healthy change). My personal goal is to incorporate exercise back into my regular routine.

Aside from A.O.K I plan on keeping busy with the girls, tightening up my budget to allow me the financial freedom to return to work part time when the time comes, continuing to figure out and improve this thing called love (& marriage)... and continuing to figure out and improve ME - physically, mentally, spritually.

What about you? Do you have any resolutions for 2010?


A.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about that?

Related Posts with Thumbnails